Tuesday, July 19, 2016

We're the office Elders, we're officing - The Weekly Email

It's what we do. Working righteous Hari Kari in our humble way. (If anyone doesn't know what that's from, I highly suggest you look up "Saturday's Warrior." 
Hello everyone, it's Elder Miner once again from New Caledonia. We're smack dab in the middle of our month of miracles and everything is looking great. We had a baptism this past weekend for one of our investigators named Rebeca. She's the 9 year-old daughter of a member here who was baptized in France and then lost contact with the Church when she moved back to New Caledonia, but has since come back and now her daughter made the decision to get baptized. Elder Kessler and I are super proud of her and her decision.
We also were able to watch the Worldwide Missionary Training Broadcast from January as a mission. I had seen it back in Mesa, but it was awesome getting to watch it again especially now that I have much more time under my belt as a missionary. Since Elder Kessler and I are nerds who love technology, we were able to run the audio of the French translated broadcast through our translating system, so that way all the missionaries could be watching in the same room, but those who wanted could listen in their native language. Then all that had to be translated by us missionaries was the training President gave. 
Finally, these past couple of days have been fantastic. We've had more appointments than ever, and they're actually going through. There's nothing more fulfilling than getting to discuss the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those who want to learn more. We also finally got back in contact with Anna, our Fidjian investigator who is basically golden.
I love missionary work and being a missionary. I'm so glad I still have fifteen months to continue working and serving the Lord.
Thank you for all your support from home. See you all soon,
Love,
Elder Miner







Baptism! This is Rebeca, who got baptized on Saturday and who I was able to confirm on Sunday. She's the daughter of a member who was baptized in France and then moved back here, became inactive, and then was found by my companion and one of his old companions. They are some of the best people I know, and I'm so proud of Rebeca for her decision to be baptized. 



The three current designated translators, Elder Thomson, Elder Cosgrove, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment