Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Exodus - Elder Miner

So, this weekend has been a doozy for us here in the Bureau. We had 6 missionaries leave the island on Monday, 3 were going home and 3 had been transferred to Vanuatu. With the total number of missionaries world-wide going down, the mission has fewer missionaries so President is deciding where we need to be. So things are changing here in the mighty VPVM, as usual. Here in Magenta we had a sector whitewashed again, 3rd time in 3 transfers, which can be a little tough. It'll work out though.
The other awesome thing that happened this week was that we started finally teaching Maeva and Gabriel! Gabriel is a member returning to activity, and Maeva is his girlfriend. I saw them occassionaly at church ever since I've been in this area, but they were moving around and trying to find a place to live and life was crazy until just last Saturday, and we finally sat down and had a lesson. Their goal for this year is to really become stronger spiritually. Maeva wants to be bapized by Gabriel, and so they're working towards marriage and full activity. I'm so excited to help them on this pathway towards baptism and the temple and basically just happiness! Missions are great!
Something I've noticed this week is just this immense love that I can have and that God has for everyone. EVERYONE! Whoever you are, wherever you are, God loves you. 
And I love you all too.
Elder Miner 


Last day together as a district!


Picture I forgot to include from Madeline's baptism on New Year's Eve.



Elder Estall and Elder Taoutaha left this transfer. Those two have been a great influence on me during my mission, and I hope they have a great homecoming and life after the mission.




No comments:

Post a Comment