Monday, July 31, 2017

The Gospel Blesses Families - The Weekly Email

"The Gospel Blesses Families" is the first point of the first lesson, the first thing that we've been instructed to teach investigators. And I think over the past couple weeks I've seen that more than ever with one set of inactives in particular. We've been working with a couple named Tumoana and Sasaou since I moved into the area with Elder Kessler, and they've been on and off in coming to church and studying their scriptures and other things. I talked about them a bit in one of my other weekly emails, but I just wanted to take the time to talk about all the things that are happening for them. Since they've made this decision, Tumoana has been able to get his plane ticket to head back to Tahiti to get divorced, he leaves on August 19. We're super excited for him, and over the past few weeks all we've really talked about is how to strengthen the family, on Saturday we talked about the temple and temple marriage. They both know that the gospel is true, but they still have a lot of questions, and we get to answer them! For them and for Marie-Rose and Kena and everyone else who lets the gospel work more fully in their lives, the gospel brings innumerable blessings. And I testify of that.
Side note, I'm emailing today because we have our zone conference coming up Wednesday and Thursday, so we had to move P-day. We'll be celebrating our month of miracles I'm sure. New Caledonia was able to reach our record for baptisms in one month: 14, but couldn't quite break past that record. I'm still super proud of all the misisonaires here, especially my zone, for putting in so much effort.
Love you all! See you real soon,
Elder Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment