Tuesday, September 27, 2016

"There can be miracles... When you believe..." - The Weekly Email

Ah Prince of Egypt, what a great movie. That song might as well become this mission's theme song with all the emphasis we've put on miracles.
Hello one and all, here's me sending off from New Caledonia again. The weather is beautiful, the water is gorgeous, the people are smiling, and I'm just loving it.
We've seen a ton of progress this past week. Fred and Euphrasé, a younger Melanesian couple we've been teaching both came to church this Sunday, and Patrice finally made it out to his old church, something he said he needed to do to help his conscience. And, the biggest news of all.... WE FOUND ANA AGAIN! Sunday night we were about to leave when we saw her walking, so we stopped and got out and started talking and she said she wants to start the lessons again! Elder Kessler and I were super excited, and we're so optimistic for October to help New Caledonia hit its baptismal goal.
Fun little side-note, Elder Kessler hit his year mark last Friday. Time flies by so fast sometimes, my year mark is only about 5 weeks away. Crazy huh?
I just want to talk about an interesting phenomenon in mission life. It seems like the more success you have, and equally the more obedient and dedicated you're being, the more opposition and rejection also seems to come your way. The trick is to keep your head up high and focus on the mini miracles, and not the tough stuff that gets in the way. I love my mission, and I couldn't be happier than I am being here right now. I love you all, and I'll see you soon!
Elder Miner
PS No pictures for a while, my camera broke, sorry everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment