Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Magnums are 150 Francs and no one is wearing ski coats? It must be summer! - The Weekly Email

Summer is officially here! No spring or anything, oh no, just sudden heat and humidity. But that's ok, these delicious ice cream bars called Magnums are on sale for about half price all month, so I'll be ok. And fatter. But oh well. And yes, now the locals are dressed normally again, so it's definitely summer here.
Hello everyone who is tuning in once again to my updates from the South Pacific! October is shaping up to be on par with our month of miracles in July. We've already seen just me and Elder Kessler a lot of things falling into place, lots and lots of little miracles, as well as people coming up to us or us easily finding people who are interested. There are also a lot of things starting to change out here. I won't go too much into detail, but it's gonna be big. We just had our mission President here yesterday for a specialized training, and I feel great. I was translating so I was really able to listen and take notes, and I had a lot of impressions come to me about what I can be doing better. Once some stuff really starts happening, I'll let you all know.
I hope you are all doing great back home! Talk to you next time!
Au revoir,
Elder Miner




Me next to a replica of a traditional Kanak hut, known as a case, pronounced like caz.



Me and Elder Kessler inside the entrance to a case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment