Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Transfer number 9, in which I will reach my year mark - The Weekly Email

Yes, once again ladies and gentlemen it's transfer time. This one's a little early since our mission President has a conference to go to, so the next one will be a little longer, ending the first week of December. Elder Kessler finally got transferred after 10 months in the bureau. My new companion is named Elder Chong Ayou. He's from Tahiti, and he's been in the mission for about 6 months. He's super tall, at least 6' 5", an amazing athlete, guitar and piano player, and a great missionary. This transfer is going to rock. I'm also now the senior companion and district leader here in Magenta, which means I'm in charge of exchanges with the Elders in my district, baptismal interviews, and overseeing the work in the district of Magenta. A little busier now for me, but I've been companions with the district leader since I got here, so not a big change. 
In other news here in the mission, 4 missionaries just went home, and a fifth from here is now one of the Assistants to the President, and we're only getting two missionaries on Friday, so numbers are down a little here, but that's no problem! We'll just keep on working anyway. This past week we've continued to meet with some of our potential investigators that are turning into investigators, I'll keep you posted if any start to really advance. Ana is on again/off again with the lessons, still not sure how to help her most. 
That's about all for now, the last few days have been packed with transfer stuff, so I'm still a little worn out. Hope all is well back home, enjoy your nice fall weather all you people state-side!
Love,
Elder Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment