Tuesday, November 1, 2016

One Year Older and Wiser Too... - The Weekly Email

So, Friday will officialy mark one year on a mission! It's positively flown by, and I'm so grateful for the experiences I've had and the people I've met. I'm extremely grateful for this opportunity to grow closer to the Savior by serving Him and by proclaiming and bearing his name.
I must say, Halloween here is nothing like in the States. Very few decorations, hardly any trick-or-treaters, it's just not that big of a deal here. I was kind of sad about that though since I have lots of great Halloween memories from back home. It's always been one of my favorite holidays.
This week has flown by as well, I can hardly believe it's P-day already. This past week we were able to work a lot with Beatrice. She's still returning to activity, and her daughter Rebecca was baptized not too long ago. She's facing a lot of opposition from her parents and family against the church, and she doesn't know where to go. We've been doing our best to help her and encouraging her to pray and to listen for the answer. Our investigators Fred and Phrasé have also been making huge progress and I'm very excited for them. We had a great discussion on faith last Saturday. Finally we have a new investigator named Jonathan. He's in his 20's and lives alone, and really loves studying and learning about God. He could go far. 
We also had our first rehearsal for the quartet last p-day, and it went really well. I'm optomistic for this group, and I'm looking forward to the Christmas season to start performing. 
I love you all, Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Elections for those of you still in America!
Elder Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment