Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Happy Mother's Day! - The weekly email

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I had a great time getting to Skype my family for the last time before I'll be home, how crazy is that! Thanks to my Mom for always being such a stalwart Gospel example in my life. I'll never forget everything you've taught me mom. :)
Also, I'm going to try something new this week, writing my weekly letter first. I feel like I've been  neglecting some of the nitty-gritty details that you all probably love, and so I'm going to try to do better. 
To start with, as zone leaders, Elder Kessler and I conduct exchanges with all the district leaders in our zone (3 total) and their companions. This past week we finished up our last exchange with Elder Ursenbach and Elder Krauser, I was with Elder Krauser, a missionary from Tahiti just finishing up his training. He could've become a professional boxer in Tahiti, but chose his mission first. Cool guy, and I enjoyed our exchange.
We've also found two new investigators recently, although techincally not new, since we found them by looking through our area book. One is named Louis, he's read the Book of Mormon multiple times and knows it's all true, but he has to get married, and he'll need to stop smoking before he can be baptized. It's been a while since missionaires have come by, so hopefully we can help him get back on track. We've also been meeting with Louis. He's from Lifou (People from Lifou are seriously as a whole the most accepting, believing people here, it's astouding sometimes), he was baptized Catholic back in 2000 as an adult, and he is a very cool, chill person. We presented him with a Book of Mormon and he seemed very excited to read it! I'm looking forward to continuing to meet with him.
Finally, Marie-Rose and Kena are two of our investigators who have been progressing a ton recently, Marie-Rose moved her baptismal date from August 8 to June 24 because she's tired of waiting! She's going to have her baby, wait the required rest time, and then get baptized. Kena is Marie-Rose's boyfriend, we're still kind of waiting on the two of them to decide whether they're going to get married before they get baptized or just get separated and when Kena wants to be baptized, but the desire is there, so it'll happen.
Finally, transfer news comes this week in a couple of days, and then as a zone leader I also get to help plan and execute the transfer movements and such, so that'll be fun. I'll keep you posted on where I end up!
Love you all, have a great week!
Elder Miner



At the Maritime Museum last P-day











Exchange with Elder Krauser 

No comments:

Post a Comment