Tuesday, May 9, 2017

I'm Tropically Depresssed... - The Weekly Email

Finally, a letter from Elder Miner:



Sorry everyone that it's been so long since I've last sent out an update, things have been way crazy here. Recently, we've had a number of tropical depressions in the area, including one that got all the way up to a category 5 cyclone, Cyclone Donna. She cooped us up inside for the past couple of days, so it's great to be out now, but it's still cloudy and rainy today, like it's been for the past week or so.
Since so much has happened, I think it will be faster to just send an update in pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words right?
Love you all,
Elder Miner



Some photos from our hike a couple P-days ago, we hiked Chapeau Gendarme (rough translation, "Policeman's hat"). One is a waterfall near the start, the other is the view of Noumea from the peak.







Nickel Refinery at night.


On exchange in Kaméré, my first sector.



President Granger and his wife love viusals. :) Bridging the gap between being a good missionary doing missionary things and being a Christlike missionary, the only way is Christ. "To become like Christ, you have to involve him." Sister Granger



South Zone photo.


Cloudy cyclone skies.

3 comments:

  1. JoLyn, I host the web site www.lelevredemormon.org. Brother Aurélien DI MEO from the Mont Dore ward in New Caledonia had been to my site, saw my name, and wrote me last week asking if I was related to an Elder Miner that served in his ward. (I'm certain I am, as every Miner I've met goes back to Thomas Miner.) Is by chance your son the one that served in that ward and knows Brother Di Meo? He is the ward executive secretary there and was quite impressed with Elder Miner. You can write me at topsofthemountains@gmail.com if you'd like and I can share more detail.

    Carl Miner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carl, yes my son is that Elder Miner that served in Mont Dore. I wrote to Elder Miner about Brother Aurelien and Brother Aurelien asked my son about a possible relation. Thomas Miner doesn't sound familiarbut you never know. My husband's family is from Arizona. I am unaware of any Miner relations here in Utah. It would be interesting to research it further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chances are we're related, but regardless, there's no place better your Elder Miner could be than on a mission. My own Elder Nathan Miner (South Jordan) returned from his mission in December, and his sister leaves for her mission in two days. I love what having missionary children does for a family.

    ReplyDelete