Monday, March 28, 2016

Bon Paques! - the weekly email

Bonjour tout le monde!
It's been a pretty fantastic week here, lots of cool stuff happening. Biggest news of the day, I've been transferred! I'll be going to the Mont-Dore secteur. It's been super productive there recently, I found out that they have 8 people on date to be baptized right now, crazy stuff. And Saturday there will be a marriage/baptism, and I've actually met the investigator becuase his family lives in my ward and he was there for an FHE that we were invited to, so that's cool. I'll also have a car there, so that'll be interesting. I think I'll be the one driving, but I'm not sure. My new companion is Elder Estall, he's also Tahitian, so more French practice for me, which really is a good thing. My French is better, but there's still a lot of work to do. The change will actually happen on Thursday, so that gives me somet time to start packing.
Other cool event of the week, on Saturday we had a mini-mission activity with the Young Men and Young Women in the ward. They had a mini-MTC in the morning and then in the afternoon they came out on splits with us and the YSA. It was awesome, our group put Merveille back on date for baptism on the 9th, made an appointment with a new investigator, and went street contacting a little. It was fantastic, and made me remember how I felt before my mission and really helped to reignite my passion for missionary work by reminding me why I'm serving. 
That's really all the grand and impressive happenings here for this week. Next email will be from Mont-Dore!
See you on the flip side,
Elder Miner


Mini-mission activity group.
 
Easter Dinner


his is the Teura family from the Ducos Ward. We had family home evening and dinner with them almost every Monday, and they're fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment