Tuesday, April 12, 2016

"If the perfect woman did exist, what makes you think she'd be interested in you?" - the weekly email

Easily the best line of this conference, speaking of which, we finally watched it this weekend on rebroadcast. It was really cool, the whole stake came to the Stake Center for all the sessions. The Women's meeting, priesthood session, and both Saturday sessions were shown throughout Saturday and then the two Sunday sessions on Sunday. I was super lucky to be able to watch in English along with all the other American missionaries, plus a smattering of native Ni-Vans, Australians, and Americans, and a few members who went to English speaking missions and sat in on the English sessions occassionally. I really really enjoyed Elder Duncan of the Seventy's address, and was deeply touched by the talks of President Uchtdorf and the address on refugees. I also loved Elder Holland's closing remarks. These men are truly called of God, and the opposing votes I heard in the General Session deeply saddened me. If you doubt in any one the truth of this gospel or of their divine calling because you disagree with some small application or policy of the Church, I would invite you to speak with your priesthood leaders, fast, pray, and intently and deeply study the scriptures. Also a little disappointed to still not have a temple here, but we need more members, so I guess that's on me. 
We also had a baptism this week, back on Wednesday (which also happened to be the birthday of the Church). Remember the wedding last week? It was the groom's baptism, along with his step-son. I actually forgot my camera this week, so I'm really sorry for no photos, but next week, I promise. It was a very cool experience, and I was so happy to watch him get baptized, and for the questions it prompted in our investigators who attended. May I also invite all of you to attend the next baptism in your ward or family. It will rekindle joy in your heart as you remember your own baptism. 
The work goes on, day by day, lesson by lesson, door by door. It will not stop, nor will it end until all the world has heard the glad message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love you all, keep being the wonderful beings you are!
Love,
Elder Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment