Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Apostolic Goodness - The Weekly Email

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to email last week, our email place was closed, but now I have something great to talk about! So, Elder Gary E. Stevenson visited Vanuatu a couple weeks ago and did a training for the missionaries there, but we weren't able to attend, so they filmed the training and President Granger visited last wek and showed the training to us. Elder Kessler and I volunteered our services to translate since we're both old in the mission and going home soon, so we didn't get a ton out of the training, although one of the things that stuck out to me the most was when Elder Stevenson, quoting another old apostle, said that "a lesson without a committment is a waste of time."
In other news we were able to fix a baptismal date with Bernadette, our miracle from Lifou. We set a goal for the 28 of October, after she gives birth, but unfortunately after Elder Kessler goes home as well.
In other news, it's now gotten to the point that often on first meeting me people think that I'm from France. Members, investigators, even new arriving missionaries from Tahiti, all native French speakers. I'm pretty happy about that and grateful that God has blessed me with the gift of tounges to that degree. 
I'm enjoying the sector here, lots of work to do, lots of people to me, lots of "building the church" to do here. It's been nice being on foot and on bike, bit of a change from before, but it's nice to be a bit closer to the people. 
That's about it for now! Love you all, see you real soon!
Elder Miner



Last picture with the Glades, our amazing office couple before they left the next day.


Original parts Peugeot truck in our area.


On exchange with Elder Stone, new AP


When members give you a free pizza. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment