Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Keep on moving on... - The Weekly Letter

I really wish I had more to say this week, but I'm still trying to get my head around the sector and there's not much I have to say. The missionaries here were working a lot with inactives before, but Elder Kessler and I want to find someone who wants to be baptized before he leaves. We've got a couple leads, but we need to feel them out more. It's definitely different being on foot/bike, and especially not being a zone leader anymore, and I'm still kind of adjusting. 
I will take this time to bear my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I testify that the Book of Mormon is true. It was written for our day by ancient prophets. Its origins are exactly what Joesph Smith said, an ancient book of scripture written on gold plates, brought forth and translated by the gift and power of God. I testify that we can learn many lessons from the Book of Mormon, applicable to our day and our problems. There is power in the Book of Mormon, both what we can learn from what's written and from the Spirit that comes any time we read holy writ. I love the Book of Mormon, and I know that we can find help and heavenly strength as we read from its pages. 
Love you all, see you soon,
Elder Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment