Thursday, December 10, 2015

Change of plans

So, I had just sent a Christmas package to New Caledonia earlier today when we received this email from Elder Miner:


So, I just found out today that my visa hasn't come through... 4 of the missionaries in our district, including my companion will be leaving as normal for New Caledonia, and the other 4 of us, including me, will be going to the Mesa, Arizona mission instead. I'll be leaving on Tuesday the 15th now, and my flight leaves at 8:35 AM. I should still be able to call you from the airport at some point during the morning, so hopefully you'll all be available. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed. I've developed a love for the people of Vanuatu and New Caledonia and a desire to go be with, meet, and serve them. The people of Mesa don't really feel like my people, I guess. I'm also concerned about the French I'll probably lose while I'm there. To be honest though, I'm not taking it super hard. With Grandma and Grandpa having lived there and our other family there, I do love Arizona, I just wish I could be in island paradise for Christmas. It is possible I'll see Dan Crockett (Isaac's older brother) while I'm there, I know he was serving in Arizona, I just don't remember what mission. I have faith that there's a reason for this, I just have to try and discover what it is. Wish me luck, and keep praying for me. 
See you soon,
Elder Miner



And this:



It looks like there's an Apache Indian Reservation in my mission area, and I think it would be awesome if I got to serve there. :)


And then this:

Forgot something else, I'll have a bonus half P-day on Monday now to email and stuff, so that's when I'll see your replies. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment