Sunday, December 27, 2015

More Christmas

This one is me and my companion (who I suppose you've seen now, but whatever).
Excerpt from Elder Miner's letter to Mom:

We didn't end up opening presents until around 4 because we had a huge lunch/dinner at a member's house. Thank you so much for the sweater, I love it, and it goes great with all the ties my other sweater doesn't go with. I loved the little tsum-tsum too, those are adorable. Thanks also for the subway art things, it's nice to be able to decorate our rooms a little. In short I guess, thanks for sending me a Christmas. I was a little sad thinking that I wouldn't have anything really to open, and then suddenly I got two packages from family and some gifts from members too, including a new tie. But getting yours and Grandma and Grandpa's package really made my Christmas. 
I'm so glad I got to Skype with you and the rest of the family. I hope I'll still be able to in New Caledonia. I think I will be. I hope Christmas was great as it always seems to be at our house. I did get to sing at the Mesa visitor's center and finally got to look at the lights. They were gorgeous, and I wish you guys could come see them sometime. I had some ideas for Frank to add too. ;) 
I do miss being around family around this time of year, and as hard as it is to get missionary work done during this time because everyone is gone, I'm just loving it out here. I don't feel too homesick, and I'm doing my best to just lose myself in the work. It's hard, but it's one of the most satisfying things I've ever done. We finally have a lot of lessons scheduled for tomorrow, and I'm way excited. Trying to get the work going out here has been hard, but we're really starting to make progress I think. 
Thanks so much for all the prayers and support from home. It really makes a difference. I love you so much.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Elder Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment