Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21, 2015

Hey Mom,
Well, here I am in Mesa. So, the mission president and the AP's picked us up at the airport and took us straight to the Mesa Temple Visitor's center. We had a short orientation there and took pictures in front of the Christus statue there. From there we went to the mission office and got more of an orientation, and then a short nap at the mission home. (Best nap ever.) The best mailing address is the mission office, and they'll get it to me from there, and that address is:
2525 N 32nd St
Mesa AZ 85213
United States
I'm really doing great here though, I'm not to homesick, I'm not too stressed, just busy. There's a LOT of work to be done out here, and we need to get a lot more investigators. We only have a small handful, but we have a lot of referrals to contact. My companion's name is Elder Doman. I'll send some pictures in a little bit. He's really cool. He was a cross-country runner in high school, and he's way smart. We get along well, and he has a great attitude. He's only been out four months, so I'm a little surprised he's training, but he's great, so I'm totally fine with it. 
That service project sounds nice. The support of a ward is so so vital I'm finding to keeping members active and happy. 
There's been a lot of cool music out here. Elder Doman and I are over two wards, the Fraser ward and the Three Fountains ward in the Mesa North Stake. Both of their sacraments had Christmas musical programs, and they were both good. I was really impressed by the Fraser ward, they had a harpist who performed "What Child is This," and it was beautiful. 
I actually didn't call Camille at the airport. I suppose it's allowed, but I don't have her number anyway. XD It was a weird situation, I got handed all the boarding passes for people going to Arizona, and I had to find all of them, and so by the time I got in line to check my bags it took forever, and we had to get going to security, so I just ran out of time. I'm looking forward to Christmas though. I was really tired though, we had to get up around 2:30 because they sent us on FrontRunner and TRAX to get in to the airport, so it took a little longer. Not fun. I ended up with a migraine that day, so it was rough. 
I haven't had a chance to see the temple lights yet, we've been SO busy, we moved apartments the day after transfers, and we're still trying to get to know our area because we're white-washing. The missionaries will be singing there on Christmas though, so I have that to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment