Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Longest Week of My Life - The Weekly Letter

Wow do I have a lot to talk about this week! And like no time to do it today because it took forever to get my new companion his library card. It's been quite an intense week, I saw Elder Kessler off and then on Friday got to meet my new companion! I think I'll start there, his name is Elder Hable. He's an American, but his Dad works for the State Department, so they're currently living in Indonesia. Most recent American city is Boston though. He reminds me a lot of me, but better, honestly the caliber of missionaries we're seeing here, and I'm sure it's the same the world over, is just getting higher and higher. His attitude is great, he wants to work hard, he studies like a maniac, and he speaks French pretty well already since he studied French for 6 years. We've only been together for like, 5 days, but it feels like so much longer. He's also a great athlete, plays rugby, soccer, and baseball. In short, he's great, we get along great, he's happy to be here, and I'm as happy as can be to be training for my last transfer.
Most of our time these past few days has been spent in zone conference, basically only Saturday were we able to get any real proselyting in. Zone Conference was great, it felt a little strange knowing that it was my last one as a missionary, it almost felt like something was missing. I did translate one last time, I'd rather help others to understand more of what President Granger says since I'll be leaving soon.
Bernadette is still on track for her baptism, we saw her yesterday and everything is going great, she's given up coffee, now we're just working on cigarettes, and she needs to get in contact with her husband on Lifou just to make sure that everything is good.
I love you all, I'd love to send more but I'm a little low on time today, hopefully I'll get some pictures sent off too that'll fill in some more details. See you way soon!
Elder Miner



Got to see Elder Kessler off as well, Godspeed Elder.


Once Elder Kessler left I got to spend time Monday - Friday with the North Zone Leaders, y'all probably recognize these two, and it was a great time.






Last Zone Photo

The Veterans
Fathers and the next generation

No comments:

Post a Comment