Wednesday, October 4, 2017

On Vacation in Tontouta - The Weekly Email

Hey everyone! This is Elder Miner signing in from Paita right now. I've been chilling up here in Tontouta with my Zone Leaders waiting for my new companion to fly in on Friday. I'll be training Elder Hable, a brand new American missionary, and I'll be staying in Riviere Salee. I'm really excited to train, and I'm happy to be staying in the area, there's a lot of cool people there and Elder Kessler and I put in a lot of work to get it humming again, now we just need to keep working. 
Elder Kessler has gone home, he should be home tomorrow here, Wednesday for you, which will be the same day he left, because the international date line is confusing. I loved being with him and he was a great missionary. I wish him all the best as he returns home. 
The last week with Elder Kessler was all pretty much the same, we just kept working, things have plateaued a bit in our area, but we still have a lot of things to do and a lot of doors to knock. We were able to visit our investigator Bernadette on Monday, she just got out of the hospital with her newborn who is healthy and adorable. Albert Joseph is his name, and she kept making the joke of "Albert Joseph Smith." Haha, aren't golden investigators the best? We also got to teach two new investigators the lesson of the Restoration on Elder Kessler's last morning. I can't think of a better way to go home. 
Love you all! I'll let you know all about Elder Hable next week.
Elder Miner

PS Sorry, no photos, this cyberbase won't let us. Next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment