Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Trunkiness begins to set in... - The Weekly Email

Honestly, the days are blurring together more and more now. I wish I could say more about what happens from day to day, but I'm really just trying to put my head down and sprint to the finish and do my best to leave it all out here for my last transfer especially. More and more, I find myself wanting to leave a legacy here, that even if I haven't baptized as much as other missionaries or something like that, I can look back and say that I've helped improve the church here, or the missionaries, or the members, etc. The musings of an old dying missionary I guess. I think I'm beginning to pass the point where I'm apprehensive about coming home and I'm becoming more and more excited instead. For better or for worse, but I really am excited to begin the next stage of life.
Elder Hable and I have been working like crazy out here doing contacting this past week, and it's been yielding its fruits this week in terms of more and more appointments this week. We've had some really good and some really weird experiences, but that's mission life. 
Some updates on investigators, I have good news and bad news about Bernadette and Lyzalysse. Bad news is, they won't be getting baptized at the end of the month. Good news is Bernadette's husband has decided that he wants to take the missionary lessons again so they can be baptized as a family. I think that's better, don't you? Our other truly progressing investigator right now is named Ernest, he's been coming to church for the past 4 weeks, except for conference where he wasn't able to attend. He's from Lifou and he's family with some members there, but he doesn't know much about the church. He's progressing really well though, I'm excited to teach him tomorrow. Those are our most progressing investigators, there's a lot of things that are starting to move here, but I don't wanna jump the gun talking about it here and have it not work out. Even if I only have 2 more p-days left here...
Anyways, the work is good, this chruch is ture, and Jesus Christ lives.
Love you all!
Elder Miner



Got special permission to go out and about for my birthday, so we got lunch downtown and then hit a cool hill called Ouen Toro with the ZL's. I can't think of a better way to celebrate my 21st birthday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment